Did you know September is Better Breakfast month? There are so many reasons why breakfast is the most important meal of the day and can help you Eat Like a Champ:
- Eating breakfast will increase your energy by restoring glycogen to your muscles
- A healthy breakfast helps with healthy weight maintenance since you’ll be less tempted to snack later in the morning
- Hunger can impact mood and productivity – eating breakfast can help improve your productivity through lunch time; many studies show that kids who eat breakfast perform better in school!
Many people don’t eat breakfast because they don’t have time. This 4 ingredient recipe is quick and easy; you can make ahead of time and be setup for a healthy breakfast for the week to help you celebrate Better Breakfast month in September.
4 Ingredient Breakfast Bites
4 servings – 3 bites per serving
- 2 bananas (on the ripe side)
- 1 cup of whole rolled oats
- 2/3 cup dried cherries (or you favorite dried fruit)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut or seed, chopped)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash the bananas
- Combine bananas and oats, stir together
- Stir in cherries and walnuts
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of the mixture and form into balls, place on cookie sheet and repeat until all is used
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes
- Let bites cool & enjoy!
at breakfast? What isyour favorite breakfast food?