Here are 3 Immersion Blender highlights:
- They are excellent for making smoothies, like the recipe below as well as soups and other hot dishes like my Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
- The measuring cup is handy for adding the right amount of ingredients and can be used to blend on the spot.
- You can pick up this tool at Target for about $40.
Feel free to test drive your Immersion Blender and make this smoothie recipe; it was recently featured in my free virtual Eat Like a Champ Workshop on Facebook. I will be hosting another Eat Like a Champ group this winter – if you would be interested in attending via a private Facebook Group and getting early access to recipes and access to me as your Health Coach during the group, leave a comment at the end of this post.
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Ingredients – 1 serving:
- 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp. sunflower seeds – optional
- ice cubes – optional
- Slice bananas, scoop the pumpkin and yogurt and add the spices
- Pour almond milk over the mixture
- Add in a couple of ice cubes – optional
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into glass
- Top with an extra shake of cinnamon and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds – optional
Health Coach’s Tip:
- Slice and freeze the banana the night before to give your smoothie a thicker texture.
Question for you: Do you have your eye on a new kitchen gadget? I’d love to hear about it and possibly share in a future post – please leave a comment.