Another great salad with ingredients readily available at your Local Farmers Market! One of the main ingredients of this salad is Cucumbers. Here are 3 reasons why you should be eating more Cucumbers:
- Hydration – Cucumbers are 95% water! So eating them regular helps you stay hydrated and provides the benefits of hydration, like feeling full for weight management and having more energy.
- Skin Care – Thanks to their anti-inflammatory properties, cucumbers can help reduce skin puffiness – that is why you see spa patrons with cucumber slices over their eyes.
- Bad Breath Remedy – I haven’t tried this yet, but apparently holding a cucumber slice to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for bad breath.
Cucumber & Tomato Salad with Lemony Dressing
Ingredients / Nutrition Info:
- Combine the vinegars, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise and slice
- Chop the tomatoes into halves
- Chop the red onions
- Chop the parsley
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and parsley into the bowl with the dressing and mix everything together well
- Let marinate in the fridge for about an hour before serving
Question for you: What are your thoughts on cucumber water?