Have you ever had a salad that was primarily Carrot based? This was new to me. Salads should be based with some sort of leafy green, right? Not necessarily! So here is why you should consider a salad with more Carrots:
- While we often think of carrots as being orange – they also come in shades of purple, white, yellow and red. I can’t wait to try this recipe with different carrot colors.
- They are rich in anti-aging and disease-fighting phytonutrients.
- Carrots are very high in vitamin A due to their beta-carotene, which helps with healthy vision, bone support and strengthening your immune system.
Carrot Salad with a Kick
Ingredients / Nutrition Information:
Other spices include:
- Chili Powder
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl
- Add olive oil and spices to the bowl – whisk to combine and make the dressing
- Add the carrots, cilantro, and garlic into a food processor – pulse until the ingredients are roughly, but evenly chopped
- Pour the carrot mix into the bowl and mix with the dressing until it evenly coats the salad
- Store the bowl in the fridge for a few hours before serving to let it marinate
- This will make a BIG / Filling salad for 2, or you can serve smaller portions as a side and have leftovers
Question for you: Do you have a salad that isn’t based with leafy greens?