The Farmers Market’s are bursting with zucchini in August! And if you’ve planted any in your home garden, it’s likely taken over by now. This is a VERY easy zucchini recipe that you can use when you have plans to BBQ that is super easy, healthy, and quick to clean up! But first here are some health benefits of zucchini:
- Zucchini is a great source of vitamin C. Skip the orange, have the zucchini!
- Zucchini helps promote healthy insight! It contains 2 phytonutirents: lutein and zeaxanthin – they filter light as it enters your eye, helping to ensure that harmful rays can’t damage your eyes.
- It is low in calories – cup of zucchini slices is about 19 calories.
Zucchini in Foil Packets on the Grill
- Wash and slice the zucchini – nice thick slices
- Put the slices on a long piece of foil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Spritz with olive oil
- Wrap up into a foil packet – make sure the edges are sealed
- Gill over low heat for about 10-20 minutes – less time if you prefer your veggies a little crunchy, more time if you prefer them more cooked
- This is a great side dish with whatever you are throwing on the grill, and doesn’t require much clean up other than pitching the oil
Question for you: What is your favorite zucchini recipe?