With summer in full swing, it’s a great time to enjoy cooking and eating outdoors – it’s time to grill! Full disclosure: All the grilling is done by my husband, Matt. I help with the prep and the eating, but leave the heavy lifting to him. Here are the top reasons I enjoy grilling:
- More time outside enjoying the sunny Pacific Northwest summer.
- Less clean up in the kitchen.
- Matt does all the grilling!
Today’s recipe is very simple, but very tasty so we have been making it about once a week. Plus we’ll usually grill extra veggies and then I can enjoy them for lunch the next day.
Grilled Veggie Packets and Chicken Sausage
Ingredients / Nutrition Information:
- Wash and chop all veggies into bite size pieces
- Place each pile of veggies onto their own piece of foil – spritz with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Wrap up the ends so nothing will fall out making foil packets
Let the grill pre-heat for about 5 minutes or until it reaches about 450 degrees, but every grill is different (coal vs propane vs electric), and some grills (especially electric) lose their heat soon after you open the cover
Put the sausage on the grill and turn the burner down to medium; this will cook for approximately 15-20 minutes; you don’t want to burn the meat, but you do want to make sure it’s fully cooked
Set the veggie foil packets off to the sides so they’re not getting direct heat and turn the heat down to medium-low; cook veggies for approximately 15 minutes
- Use tongs or an oven mitt to remove the packets from the grill and let them cool slightly before opening them
- Scoop veggies into a bowl, top with sliced chicken sausage and fresh cilantro or parsley (optional) and enjoy!
Question for you: What is your favorite grilling recipe? Please post a comment to share and you can have a chance to be a guest blogger!