Have you ever made your own salad dressing? Do you think it’s too hard? I just learned it is so easy to make Balsamic Vinaigrette, I will never buy a bottle from the store again! It’s as easy as one-two-three:
- Pour equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil into a jar with a screw on top
- Add a dash of Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt a pepper
- Screw on the top tightly, shake until well mixed, and enjoy on your salad! More detailed on ingredients / portions are below…
This dressing goes great with one of my favorite summer salads – the Strawberry Spinach Salad with ingredients fresh from the Farmers Market. Now that strawberries are popping up at all the Oregon markets, I’ll probably be eating this salad once a week.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Ingredients / Nutrition Information:
- Mix up the dressing as noted above and store in the fridge until you are ready to use
- Wash and place spinach into a big salad bowl
- Slice strawberries and avocado and put on top spinach
- Top with almonds and goat cheese
- Add cooked chicken on top
- Add 1-2 spoonfuls of dressing
- Dig in!
Question for you: Have you ever made your own salad dressing? Please post a comment and share the recipe!