This week I needed to prep a couple of dinners just for me as Matt had a work function that required him to attend dinners with his co-workers. I wanted to cook something simple and quick. This Veggie Pita Pizza Recipe is very easy and great for one person – or it can be easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled for more people! Here are a three reasons I like this recipe:
- It has mushrooms! See my previous post for why I try to eat a mushroom a day.
- You can easily cook more veggies and then save them for lunch or dinner the next day.
- I love pizza and this is an easy and healthier version of it. Here is another one if you are interested.
Veggie Pita Pizza for 1:
Ingredients / Nutrition Information:
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Slice the mushrooms then saute them with a little olive oil until browned – place in a bowl and set to the side
- Chop the onions and bell pepper and then saute them with a little, salt and pepper for a few minutes
- Stir in pizza sauce and tomato paste and mix with peppers and onions throughly
- Spread the saucy veggies mixture evenly on a pita and sprinkle the feta cheese on top of that
- Place mushroom slices on top – I like putting the mushrooms on top to help keep the feta from rolling off
- Place the pizza on a pizza tray and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your pita
- Slice into 4 triangles using a pizza cutter and enjoy! I top mine with some crushed red pepper – but that is totally optional.
I ate my pita pizza with a big salad, but you can probably have 2 pita pizzas if you so desire as the calories for one isn’t too high.
Question for you: Do you have a healthier pizza recipe? Please share!