While many people have recently used vinegar to color their hard-boiled Easter Eggs, have you ever tried drinking vinegar? I was introduced last summer to drinking vinegar from a local Portland Company called Genki-Su. Their natural products are made with coconut vinegar, are sugar-free and based on a family recipe from Japan. I like adding a splash of the Yuzu-Citron to my afternoon sparkling water to give it a little boost of flavor:
Besides adding some oomph to “boring” water, there are many health benefits to drinking vinegar – here are my three favorites:
- It aids in the recovery of muscle aches
- It helps improve digestion
- It soothes hangovers – not that I get hung over much, but it’s nice to know this might help if I ever do!
- Pour 8 parts water / sparkling water / juice / hot team into a glass or cup
- Add 1 part drinking vinegar to your drink
Questions: Have you tried drinking vinegar? What else do you like to add to your water to spice it up?