January has come to an end and winter wears on as we move into February. Here is a quick re-cap of the 3 most popular Winter Roasting recipes in January:
My final Winter Roasting recipe is from a guest Blogger, my sister-in-law Lori, who shared a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower that apparently is a big favorite for my nephews (ages 4 and 6). Please note, I haven’t had a chance to try this out myself yet, but I have confidence that if my nephews will eat it, it must be yummy!
Ingredients / Nutrition Information:
- 1 medium head of fresh cauliflower
- 5 spritzes of olive oil
- salt / pepper to taste
- Setup oven to 400 degrees
- Wash / chop cauliflower
- Place cauliflower florets into a glass baking dish, spritz with olive oil and salt / pepper
- Roast in oven for about 20-30 minutes – check mid way though, stir as needed
Variations / Tips:
- I was warned that this recipe has a rather pungent odor associated with it (let’s just say it is a smell that 4 and 6-year-old boys find funny), so when I try this I plan to sprinkle a little lemon juice and add a few cloves of garlic to the baking dish to help combat the aroma.
Next Month’s Theme: In honor of this weekend’s big football game that shall not be named, February’s recipe theme will be Crock Pot Cooking. I will share some old favorite and new inspirations of healthy recipes meant for simmering in a slow cooker.
Questions for you: Will you be making chilli in a slow cooker for Sunday’s game? Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe? Post a comment to let me know and you can be a guest blogger!