Three reasons I’m happy tonight:
1) Haircut – I finally got around to getting a haircut… it’s been over six months since I lasted visited a salon. I’m growing my hair out, so I don’t need frequent cuts, but it was nice to finally get the split ends chopped off. Plus I got to enjoy a glass of wine during my visit while my stylist, Steven, did his work. Happy Friday to me!
2) New Workout Clothes – I joined the “Fit Fashionista” club at Ellie based on reviews from multiple health and fitness blog’s I read. The club involves getting a new workout outfit every month at discounted prices. Since I work from home and consider yoga pants “work clothes,” I figured this was worth checking out. I was a little disappointed that my first order took about a month to arrive. Apparently they had some quality control issues with the March shipment, so everything went out a little late. My order finally arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised to get a free head band in addition to the capri pants and long sleeved top I ordered:
The outfit fits great and I’m looking forward to another one in April – I love the long sleeves with the built in “gloves” – they are great for running in the chilly Pacific Northwest spring weather:
3) Pizza Night – In accordance with our Friday tradition, Matt is making pizza for dinner. We are having Pesto Pizza with Arugula and Goat Cheese again, yum!
Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza:
- 1 unbaked pizza crust
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package seasoned goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- **we adapted the recipe and added some shredded poached chicken breast**
- Preheat oven according to pizza package instructions.
- Dab pesto onto the center of the pizza base, and spread toward the outer edges. Cut the goat cheese into thin coins, and spread or crumble across the pizza. Arrange tomato slices over goat cheese. Sprinkle with garlic. Brush the crust edges lightly with olive oil.
- Place pizza directly on preheated oven rack. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crust edges are golden.
- After taking pizza out of the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so that the cheese has time to set. After a couple of minutes, cover the pizza with a few handfuls of arugula. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Question: What are your plans for the weekend?